India, a vast country with myriad languages, cultures, traditions, religions was, is and always would be one of the most fascinating travel destinations for travelers from all around the world. From time immemorable, many travelers visited India and have recorded the greatness of its history and culture. Even today it lures the travelers as one of the best travel destination.
1. Indian civilization is one of the most ancient civilizations of the world. The area between The Indus River and the Ganges is the birth place of Indus valley civilization. Some of the oldest human remains of this place date back to several thousands of years ago.
2. UNESCO has recognized 32 world heritage sites in India. The first and the best is of course the Taj Mahal in Agra which is one of the wonders of the world. It is an artistic blend of Persian, Mughal and Indian architecture. It stands among one of the most visited tourist places in the world. The white marble used for its construction makes it serene.
3. The Khajuraho group of monuments, a blend of Hindu and Jain culture is one of the sites in India that offer a lot of learning to historians. Most of these temples were built by Chandela kings who ruled central India. The sculptures of these temples are wonderful and attract lot of tourists.
4. Hampi, which is located in Karnataka is one of the most searched historical villages. It has a massive Virupaksha temple constructed by the Vijayanagara kings. Prior to that it is said that this region was a part of Asoka kingdom. The excavation of this place dated to the 2ndand 3rdcentury BC.
5. Ajanta caves, located near Aurangabad in Maharashtra, are Buddhistmonasteries. These caves depict the finest Indian painting and art. They were built almost 2000 years ago and even today attract tourists from all over the world.
6. The forts and palaces in India built by different kings, as a depiction of their own culture and reign, are also one of the reasons for historians to visit India.
7. One more fascinating fact for historians to visit India is the diversities that can be seen. It has been ruled by many dynasties and many foreign invaders like Dutch, French, Portuguese and British. All these rulers have left one or the other historical impression of their times in India.
8. Treasures hidden by the kings in temples are now one of the reasons for research in India.
9. The diverse cultures, religions and traditions in different parts of India serve as a subject of research for the historians.
10. The cathedrals built by Europeans in are another attraction for historians to visit India to know about European Architecturein India.
So, undoubtedly, India is the best place for historians for their research and enhancement of knowledge.