Who does not like to travel? There are times when we like to take a break from our daily routines and want to move out of our common neighborhood. We like to meet new people in distant lands. Vacations are so dear to us.
However, just planning for a vacation will not work.
Making a proper plan for vacations is a daunting task. You have to make preparations much before you set out. Apart from planning your travel itineraries or booking a hotel to buying flight tickets, there are many important things to consider. The first thing that you need to work on is your passport. If you need to renew or make a new passport, it is important to know the rules and regulations to make the approval process faster.
Therefore, if you are looking for a vacation in the coming days and you need to apply for a new passport or go for a passport renewal in Tampa, FL, this list will be of immense help. We have gathered a list of all those necessary IDs that an applicant needs to carry when he or she walks into the passport office in Tampa.
But what constitutes as the valid ID for passport application in Tampa or anywhere in the USA?
Here is a comprehensive list of IDs that you need to carry to the passport office in Tampa to prove your identity and make the processing faster.
Primary IDs you need to show to passport renewal or while making a new passport
- Show your State Driver’s License, valid for a minimum of 6 months period
- Federal, State or Municipal Identification card with a photo
- INS Alien Registration or Green card
- Military ID with photo
- Undamaged passport with photo expired, US or foreign in case of renewal
If you can show any one of these valid IDs at the during passport application in Tampa, you are good to go! However, make sure you have their copies!
Well, what will happen if the driver’s license or ID issued to you is of less than 6 months validity? – In such an instance if you carry a primary ID issued within last 6 months and any of the secondary IDs that we will share below, then you are eligible to receive your new passport.
Secondary IDs you need to show to passport renewal or while making a new passport
Here are the secondary IDs that you need to submit in case if you do not have a valid Primary ID. Such as
For Students or Scholars
- Student IDs
- Copy of School Yearbook with Photograph and name
- High School / Trade School / College School Diploma
- School Transcript
- Technical School Certificate
For Military Personnel
- Military Records (DD214) / Honorable Discharge Certificate
- Selective Service Registration / Classification
- Professional License
- Union Membership
- Pilot’s License with photo
For Healthcare People
- Health Insurance Cards
- Medical Records
- Welfare Card
- Insurance Cards
- Insurance Records
- Birth Certificates of children listing applicant’s name as parent
For Government ID holders
- Voter’s Registration Card
- Income Tax Records over 1 year
- Pay Stubs or Banking Statements over 1 year
- Marriage Certificates and Licenses
- Divorce Decree
- Credit Card
- Utility Bills over 1 year
- Leasing/Mortgage Documents
- Vehicle Registration
- Employment Identification Card with Photo
- If you show a Secondary ID for making a new passport or for a passport renewal in Tampa, FL,make sure to submit a photocopy of the front and back of each document along with the application. If you show your credit card as the Secondary ID proof, you can redact the card numbers.
- If you have any disability, make sure the one who witnesses your signature or signs on your behalf, shows his or her ID and submits the photocopy of the same.
Hope this guide will help you to enjoy your vacation to the fullest. If you have not applied for your passport or want to renew the old one, rush to your passport office in Tampa now!