Shade sails are one of the lesser known types of shades. Though, it is beyond my understanding why they are not one of the prominently used types of shades owing to its benefits. There has been a recent increase in the popularity of the shade sail. Many business owners as well as homeowners have now started preferring these over other types of shades. This is a usual thing to happen if the advantages of shade sails are to be considered. Shade sails benefit the users in all aspects including having a negative impact on the environment. As very few people are aware of these advantages, it is not that popular.
The Benefits and Advantages of Shade Sails
- Flexibility of Usage: These shades come in every shape and size you can think of and thus suit any application you need it for. You can either get a large sail shade for large areas or get smaller ones and make them overlap to create a pattern. Whether it is meant for sun protection for your pool, patio, BBQ area, driveway, courtyard, veranda, playground, sandpit, or any other application you can think of, shade sails can be suitable for all.
- Cost Effective: The best feature of shade sails is that they are extremely economical and yet highly durable. They cost lesser than all other types of shades and offer almost similar benefits. What more can a homeowner want after getting a lot of benefits at a low cost?
- Environmental Benefits: Right from the production stage, these shades have environmental benefits. How? They are made mainly from recyclable materials and thus they reduce the carbon footprints on the earth by reducing the need of fresh raw materials. Also, as these shades can be recycled, old worn out shades are simply recycled and made into new shade sails. Again, as these sails are made from man-materials, the usage of wood and other materials that are used in the construction of housing or building extensions is eliminated and a lot of natural resources are preserved. One more point that adds a cherry on the top is that as these shades give a cooling effect, the consumption of electricity by air conditioners is reduced manifold and thus a lot of energy is preserved.
- Ample Ventilation: These shades shield of sunlight without cutting of the ventilation. This improves the convenience of the users as ample ventilations is always welcomed anywhere. When, placed strategically, you get proper cooling along with ventilation. They shield off the sun rays from directly entering the house. The fabric used for making shade sails is semi-permeable fabric which allow perfect circulation of cool air, and thereby usually lowering the interior temperatures of homes by at least ten degrees or more.
- Easy to Setup: The shade sail is so easy to set up and remove that even kids can do it. One requires no physical strength at all for installing the shades. Unlike other structures which takes weeks to set up, these shades can be set up in just an hour. This factor is a good feature for places where people need to frequently take down and put up shades according to the requirement. Even after being so easy to set up, these shades are efficiently durable against strong winds.
Looking at these advantages, anyone would be convinced to choose shade sails for covering their open spaces. These sail shades are available in various colours, designs and patterns and that enables you to choose a perfectly suitable design for your home. Above all, sail shades are extremely pleasing aesthetically.