Pilates is the best exercise for sculpting and toning your entire body. Pilates helps in firming and toning the abdomen muscles without complying extra strain on your lower back and neck. Exercising with Pilates Soft Ball is a fun-filled activity and is very popular among fitness lovers. These exercise balls are available in variable sizes ranging from 14 to 34 inches diameter. Made up of soft elastic PVC, the size of the ball should be equal to your height so that you can rest your legs on the ball at the angle of 90 degrees or perform other exercises with comfort.
What are the Different Benefits of Using Pilates Balls as a Chair?
Pilates exercises are done with the use of various equipments and contributes to increasing the level of confidence among the fitness lovers. Pilates is all about strengthening, tightening and targeting the core muscles with strong moves. Pilates Soft Balls can be used as a chair in the office as well as at home. Let’s take a look at the number of benefits of using Pilate exercising ball as a chair:
- Due to its spherical shape, sitting on an exercise ball is quite uncomfortable. Firstly, you need to balance yourself by keeping your spine straight. This will help in improving your posture as well as reduces spine and back problems.
- You have to change your positions while sitting on the ball. You can bend forward and pick your book or mobile phone. Change of positions while sitting on an exercise ball will circulate the flow of blood to your entire body.
- People having tight work schedule can perform mini-workouts while sitting on the ball. Working out for a minute or two will make you feel fresh and reduce the stress level.
- You can get the desired result by using Pilates Soft Ball. Though you are not going to perform heavy workouts on the unstable ball, it can lead to strengthening your core muscles.
- Sitting on a ball for extended hours make you feel worn-out but moving few steps hither and thither makes you feel energetic.
- Pilates ball is helpful in burning around 350 calories per day. Depending upon the movements you make in a day your body’s extra fat sheds.
- Pilates Soft balls are stirring options and can be bought instead of an ergonomic chair. These balls are low-priced and available in variable sizes and color. So why not buy an exercise ball and make your life fit and exciting.
Types of Pilates Exercise you can do with Soft Balls
If you are keen on shedding extra kilos from your body and want to sculpt and tone your body like a celebrity then here are some of the important exercises that you can do with the help of Pilates Soft balls:
- Lower -Abs and Inner-Thigh squeeze: This exercise helps in burning fat from the lower abdomen and inner thighs. You can do a set of 15 repetitions or more.
- Upper-Ab Crunch: Enjoy a set of 25 punches and burn fat from upper abs.
- Abs Curls: Another exercise that works efficiently on mid-section muscle.
- Chest Stretch: After spending a tiring day in front of the computer, chest stretch will help in relaxing your muscles.
- Bridge and Squeeze: This exercise is good for losing extra fat from inner thighs and supports leg ligaments.
- Inner-Thigh squeeze: Another best exercise for toning your inner thighs as well as abs too.
How to Choose the Right Size of Pilates Soft Ball for you?
Pilates balls are known by several names like a Stability ball, Physio ball, Fitness ball and exercise ball. When it comes to choosing the right size of Pilates Soft Ball, it becomes a bit difficult as these are available in variable proportions. Though the size and diameter of the ball don’t matter but choosing the perfect ball according to your height is important. Try several balls, check their size and height and then select the ball for yourself to make a right choice.