Sapa is a popular tourist destination of Lao Cai province. For the perfect Sapa tour , refer to the following experience.
Ideal time to go to Sapa
The best time to travel is from September to November. This is where Sa Pa weather is good and the rice terraces are ripe, creating beautiful scenery.
From October to December, the weather can change to cold and fog. However, sometimes this is also the rainy season so the waterfall will flow sharply and very gloomy.
The period from February to March is very suitable to look at plum blossom.
How to go Sapa
The distance from Hanoi to Sapa is about 390 km. If you like backpacking, you can ride motor to Mu Cang Chai in Ha Giang…
Tourists often take trains from Tran Quy Cap station to Lao Cai station. There are 4 departures per day at 19h40, 20h35, 21h10 and 21h50. It takes 8 hours to get to Lao Cai. One way ticket from Hanoi to Lao Cai ranges from 250,000 VND / person to 650,000 VND / person.
Train to Sapa
It is advisable for the families with children to choose to go by train because of higher safety as well as more comfortable than cars because the road Sapa is very steep and winding. After arriving in Lao Cai city, you take the car to Sapa at the price of about 50,000 VND / person.
There are some hotels with free shuttle buses from the station so when booking Vietnam package tour, you ask for more information.
Rent a motorbike in Sapa
In Sapa, you can take taxis, buses, motorbike taxis or rent motorbikes to travel on your own. The popular choice is to rent a motorbike at prices ranging from 100,000VND – 200,000VND/day depending on vehicle type.
Hostels and hotels in Sapa
Some 4-star luxury hotels in Sapa include Victoria Sapa Resort & Spa, Chau Long II. Some highly recommended 3-star hotels are Sapa Trade Union, Royal View Sapa … and many other lower quality hotels are available in here. The reference price for one night for a single room is 200,000 VND and the hotel is 500,000 VND or more.
The foods in Sapa
– Breakfast: Chicken noodle soup in front of the town bus station or in the Sapa market has a good quality and reasonable price.
– Lunch – dinner: There are two restaurants introduced by many locals called Dzung and Hoa Dao restaurants with delicious food at reasonable prices or a variety of eateries on the side of Sapa church. Especially the vegetables in Sapa are very good, suitable for cold weather in the evening (you can order hot pot dishes to eat and enjoy the sweetness of Sapa vegetables).
– At night: You can enjoy the grilled meat and grilled eggs on a series of sidewalk eateries near the church (the road to Ham Rong Mountain).
Places to see in Sapa
– Ham Rong Mountain: This is the most popular place in Sapa. It is only about 5 minutes walk from the center. At the Ham Rong Mountain tourist area, visitors can visit the orchid garden and peach garden … or climb to the height of 1,800 m to see the whole town. The ticket price to visit this place is VND 70,000 per person. You can climb up to take pictures, visit the orchid garden and admire the view of the peak Fansipan. Climbing to the top and looking down, Sapa and Hoang Lien Son mountains is in your sight.
– The stone church was built in 1895, located in the center of the town. This is an ancient stone structure built by the French and preserved well to this day.
The Stone Church in Sapa
– Thac Bac (Silver Waterfall) is a tourist attraction in San Sa Ho. The waterfall is 200 m high, located at the foot of O Quy Ho Pass. The amazing scenery of this waterfall brings gentle and comfortable feeling for many visitors. The price to visit Silver waterfall for adults is 10,000 VND and children is 5,000 VND.
– Thac Tinh Yeu (Love Waterfall) is a famous waterfall with the romance of the fairy and the human. Unlike the Silver Waterfall, which can be seen from the 4D National Highway, visitors wish to visit the falls have to go deep into the forest, across the red dirt road and the green forest. The price to visit Love Waterfall is 35,000 VND / person.
Note when traveling in Sapa
– The night in Sapa is quite cold so you need to bring a thin coat. The sports shoes are highly recommended to facilitate access to the points.
– Sapa has a tourist information center located in Fansipan Street. This is where visitors can find out as well as ask for advice and search for restaurants, hotels, attractions … All these services are free for visitors. The center is open from 7:30 to 20:30 daily.
– In Cat Cat, Ta Phin and Ta Van villages of the Black Mong or Red Dzao, if they are busy worshiping ghosts or evildoers, they do not want strangers to attend. At the front of the village, there is a bunch of green leaves hanging on the pillar at a solemn place so that everyone can see. You must avoid entering the village if you see it.
Above are some of the tips we recommend to help you have a good trip in Sapa. We hope that will be helpful to you.