Have you ever bumped into someone, and you both looked straight in the eyes, and you suddenly felt you both know each other for a long time? Sometimes, you even meet strangers who seem to be your long-lost friends because you make a connection so easily. These scenarios are quite common in romantic or sci-fi movies, right? However, experts call it an example of synchronicity.
In this article, you’ll learn more about synchronicity to take your life journey more meaningfully.
1. Definition Of Synchronicity
What is synchronicity? The underlying idea of the synchronicity concept is there’s unity in diversity. For instance, the synchronicity between a man and a woman may occur even if it’s only their first time to meet. Synchronicity refers to the development of meaningful coincidences without cause. Many people believe that life coincidences are part of the universe and are signs from the angels and God.
2. Early Concept Of Synchronicity
Carl Jung started the concept of synchronicity in the earlier part of the twentieth century. Since he started the research about synchronicity, interpersonal synchronicity studies surfaced with mother and infant interactions around the 1970s. Here are some highlights about the early concept of synchronicity:
- It is thought that social interaction and synchronicity disrupts the brain’s neural system.
- Mindfulness influences synchronicity and can help improve relationships.
- Synchronicity has domain-based relationships, as observed in the field of psychology, biology, mathematics, and physics.
- Meditation encourages mindful interpersonal relationships, and in turn, synchronicity to make relationships work.
3. Signs Of Synchronicities
Synchronicities are messages or signs that a person is walking in the right direction or giving an individual a chance to move onto the right way of life. While meaningful coincidences differ between people, here are the most common signs:
- Synchronicity Numbers: Some examples of numerical synchronicity include phone numbers, addresses, license plates, and content pieces you read. Repeated numbers such as 888, 1010, and 2222 are synchronicity numbers. So, it’s worth checking what you associate with any number signs you observed. What do you feel or remember when you see those numbers? Exploring your thoughts and emotions towards certain numbers or signs can help you figure out the right path the universe wants you to take.
- Synchronicity With A Person: Do you repeatedly see someone you know or a stranger? If yes, then you’re likely to have a deeper connection based on the synchronicity concept. But synchronicity with a person doesn’t necessarily mean a need to reconnect. For instance, synchronicity signs pointing you to your ex-husband may suggest that you need to work on old feelings before you can become the person you want to be.
- Synchronicity Symbol: This sign usually occurs in dreams. Keep a pen and a pad on your bedside table so you can draw or write any potential signs you see in your dreams. Dream symbols include objects, animals, visual patterns, places, and people. What emotions or experiences can you associate with these symbols? Synchronicity symbols usually appear when a need for immediate action is needed.
- Synchronicity Giving Support: This sign includes resources you need at this point in your life. For instance, you might find social media posts from different people on your wall that says the same thing. Or, you might receive similar pieces of advice from strangers.
4. Synchronicity Applications
Synchronicity can be helpful in forensic psychology. Also, synchronicity can be beneficial in health and wellness. Other people apply this concept in Feng Shui and boosting luck for business.
5. Synchronicity Versus Serendipity
Are synchronicity and serendipity the same? Synchronicity and serendipity both involve meaningful coincidences or unforeseen external events. They may cause change or bring benefit to the observer.
Synchronistic events are intrusive or accidental, like synchronicity that lacks an apparent intentional element. Some examples are parapraxes (like slips of the tongue) and repetitive patterns (like common ideas, themes, or events that reoccur). In some contexts, however, synchronicity comes with an intention, such as telekinesis and induced telepathy.
6. Synchronicity Causes Parapsychological Phenomena
Based on Carl Jung’s research, the concept of synchronicity can explain the different parapsychological phenomena. Some examples include:
- Telepathy: It refers to a person’s ability to communicate or receive or transmit a message to another individual without verbal or body cues. In short, telepathy is mind communication that can occur at any time or dimension.
- Remote Viewing Or Healing: Remote viewing refers to the practice of purportedly ‘sensing’ an unseen target with the mind. Remote healing is otherwise known as distant healing or treating patients without touching.
- Precognition: This psychic ability is also called ‘future vision’ or ‘prescience,’ or the ability to see future events.
- Retrocognition: This term is the exact opposite of precognition. It is the ability to see past events in one’s mind.
- Psychokinesis: It refers to the ability to move objects, like spoon and fork, using the mind alone.
- Poltergeists: This term refers to a ‘noisy spirit’ with the ability to move or destroy objects.
7. Create Your Luck With Synchronicity
Both humans and events travel in time along certain paths. Every time, people and events merge with other paths. New paths are created with new coincidences, new meanings, and new sources of luck.
However, new paths aren’t always traversed due to poor vision. Synchronicity, in its very sense, is your vision. This vision creates and generates worlds of serendipity, beauty, and life, making you brighter, gentler, and more human. So how do you create your own luck with synchronicity? Here are some tips:
- Write them down immediately after encountering them.
- Take a moment to pause, deep breathe, and close your eyes to study the signs.
- Take action based on your analysis.
- Never let go of the luck once you received it. Nurture it and be a blessing to others to keep your luck intact.
Carl Jung first studied meaningful coincidences or synchronicity. And since then, many researchers have studied how this concept can be applied to everyday living. Many people believe in synchronicity due to serendipity instincts, observed signs, repetitions, and patterns. It’s important to be aware of synchronicity signs because they direct you toward fulfilling your true purpose in life.