Installing your human hair wig is an easy task if you have the proper steps. The most popular and best human hair wigs are the lace and lace frontal wigs for their breathability and their ability to looks seamless against your own hairline.
Full Lace Human Hair Wigs
Full lace wigs consist of a transparent, full lace base that can be styled in many different hairstyles that will still look realistic. The lace is sewn on top of the wig cap where individual hair strands are then sewn into the lace. These are the most realistic looking human hair wigs and they can be styled or parted anywhere. You can easily wear a full lace wig in an updo, pinup, or high bun without anyone being able to tell that you are wearing a wig. Many full lace wigs come with fin hairs around the hairline to mimic real baby-like hairs for a more natural appearance.
Styling your u part wigs can be compared to styling your very own hair. Because the base is completely made of lace, it will closely mimic your own scalp for a natural look. The full lace wig can be styled many ways such as high buns, ponytails, and pinup hairstyles to name a few. You can customize your human hair wig by plucking the hairs from the hairline, bleaching the knots, or dyeing the lace to better match your skin tone and give the appearance of a natural looking scalp. This is one of the benefits of choosing a human hair wig over a synthetic wig.
How to Install the Full Lace Wig
Installing the full lace human hair wig is extremely easy. It can be installed using special double-sided wig tape or wig glue. If it best that your own hair lays flat against your scalp so that the wig doesn’t sit too high on your head. Have your own hair braided toward the back before installing your new human hair wig.
Next, using wig tape or glue, apply it to your entire hairline right where the hair starts to emerge. Be careful not to apply it directly to your edges because the wig could pull at the hairline. Carefully align the wig with your hairline and once you have positioned the wig where you want it to sit, press the wig down into the glue or tape. Use a blow-dryer on warm to set the wig securely to the perimeter of your head. Repeat the same method around the hairline at the nape of your neck.
Lace Frontal Wigs
Lace frontal wigs only allow versatility in choosing the parting area at the front of the wig instead of anywhere on the wig like the full lace wig. Lace frontal wigs also give the illusion of a more natural hairline. Human hair lace frontals are mostly constructed of a material such as nylon and only the front section would be made of lace. There is usually a comb and adjustable straps at the nape of the wig to ensure that the wig fits securely.
Styling Ideas: It is not very flattering to wear lace frontal wigs off the neck because it does not sit at the hairline and will appear to look just like a wig.
How to Install the Lace Frontal Wig
Lace frontals wigs are attached using the same methods as the full lace wig except there is no reason to apply glue or tape at the nape area. The most popular method for installing your lace frontal wig is by gluing it to the hairline or using wig tape. It’s an easy method you can do yourself.
The lace frontal wig would first need to be aligned with your natural hairline before being securing it. The pros to using the glue method for securing your frontal is that it can last up to 2 weeks before needing to be retouched whereas the glue method can last for several weeks.
Washing Care for Human Hair
- Before washing your wig, gently remove any tangles with a wig brush or wide tooth comb. Starting at the tips and working your way up.
- Fill the sink with cool water and submerge wig with a capful of wig shampoo designed for human hair.
- Gently lather the hair with shampoo making sure that the hair is traveling in the same direction. Do not rub this may cause tangling.
- Rinse thoroughly in cool water until the water runs clear.
- Remove excess water gently without rubbing or tangling, (towel patting best). Apply conditioner designed for human hair wig, avoiding the cap area.
- With your fingers, work conditioner through the ends of the hair for about 3-5 minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly in cold water until the water runs clear.
- Dry your wig by wrapping in a towel and gently pat to remove excess water
- DO NOT a brush to detangle your human hair wig while it is wet. Use a wide tooth comb and gently start at the tip and work your way up.
Installing your new human hair wig can be a piece of cake when done properly and when you have the necessary steps to install your hair with confidence.