As you plan to open a new restaurant in town, it’s not only the items on your menu that you have to carefully consider. Although providing food of exceptional caliber is your main goal, it is also critical to offer a setting that will encourage people to eat, socialize, stay and return with companions in tow.
Most people in the restaurant business fail because they are unable to provide the comfort and the positive overall experience diners are looking for. The food may be great, but the look and feel of the place may not be enough to persuade customers to visit the restaurant again.
This is where a professional restaurant interior designer becomes most helpful. A seasoned interior designer can help you maximize space by establishing excellent dynamic design.
Still undecided about getting help from an industry expert? Below, we provide the top motivations for hiring an interior designer and discovering just how beneficial their work can be to your restaurant.
1. You Aim To Fully Understand Where To Begin
When the foundation of your restaurant design is strong, you can expect that it will only get better. Why? With the right guidelines from an interior designer, you will have a clear picture of where to start and what to do next for your restaurant design.
Here are other things a designer can offer to steer your restaurant design in the right direction:
- Come up with sufficient strategic execution.
- Carry out market research while understanding current design trends.
- Develop a concept for design execution and articulate this physically.
- Integrate a theme or style that will impress your target customer base.
- Cater to the targeted demographic and study how the restaurant’s design will affect them.
2. You Want To Create The Desired Ambience
A professional interior designer has the expertise to create an environment that your customers will love. They know what color schemes and lighting to go for to stimulate appetite. They’re skilled at using visual elements to create the right mood and experience to match the type of cuisine you aim to offer. Best of all, they know how to manipulate various styles to guarantee a great customer experience.
By working with an interior designer, you will be able to bring your restaurant vision to life. Here’s a look at some common restaurant genres and how a designer can help you create the right look:
• Fine Dining – This is an upscale and sophisticated category of restaurant design. The customers here are high-end and expect a glamorous look. Your designer will help you capture the interest of this discerning clientele by creating a luxurious ambience that fits the bill.
• Café – From commercial coffee chains to pop-up coffee shops for students, a café experience includes different categories. Each one is complemented by personalized style, and your designer will help you with the functional and aesthetic details.
• Fast Food – Drive-through, food-on-the-go and a fun, vibrant space all come to mind when you think about a fast-food experience. If this is the space you wish to create, your interior designer will help you make the most out of your space and command the attention of your target customers looking for great food the comes together in minutes.
3. You Need To Properly Manage Your Budget
You don’t need to spend millions of dollars to create a lavish dining experience. An interior designer can help manage your budget by using innovative designs and budget-friendly options for materials, techniques and solutions.
Here’s a list of budget-busters that you can avoid when you opt to hire an interior designer:
- Over-furnishing your restaurant
- Choosing impudent style
- Disregarding quality over quantity
- Respecting desired target customers
- Picking an inappropriate location
4. You Want To Consider Both The Aesthetic And Functional Aspects
An interior designer understands the importance of both visual and functional components of a design. For instance, they will know what lighting and colors to choose. Also, they understand the proper dining layout that must be applied so there can be enough space between tables and chairs and a smooth flow for traffic.
With a designer’s professional insight, you can ensure the best environment and dining experience for both your customers and staff.
5. You Have A Goal Of Integrating Branding
From the curb appeal of your establishment to the design of your menus, and even the design quality of your interiors – all of these embody a marketing aspect. You are wooing customers with your unique and targeted aesthetic, and your designer will help you integrate these aspects in your restaurant.
When it comes to branding, an interior designer will help you with the following aspects:
- Matching menu set
- Interior elevation with tons of curb appeal
- Logo and graphic designing
- Holistic interior design
A restaurant without a good interior design is as half-finished as a room without lights. When you offer a place for people to enjoy a meal, you are not only selling your food – you are actually promoting an experience.
With the help of an interior designer, you can make your business a center for excellent marketing, good ambience and brilliant customer service – all within a reasonable budget.
Author Bio: Shane Curran – CEO at Interact Group LLC. Interact Group is a design-led interior fit out company that aims to set new standards in the UAE interiors market. Driven by their dedication to total customer experience, the company’s mission is to bring truly specialized teams to complex design and fit out challenges, utilizing their unmatched ability to deliver spaces efficiently and above expectation.